Arctic Youth Forum is organized by young innovative students at the InnoBarentsLab of the Lapland University of Applied Sciences. The forum will be held on the 13th of November 2017. Our main idea is to give a platform for young people to express their opinions and ideas concerning the future of the Arctic while connecting them with influencers and decision makers.
Why do we want to do that? Well, we want our Arctic to be lively, buzzing even in 20 years from now. We need young people to stay in the Arctic for this to be possible, so its time to give a chance for them to have a word. The main line of the discussion in our choosen topics will focus on this issue.
Preliminary topics of discussion:
1. Arctic Economic and Business Development
2. Cross-border Cooperation
3. Arctic Industries
4. Circumpolar well-being
5. Future of Rovaniemi
6. Let’s Innovate the Future Together – Ideas for a Better Arctic –
• Mikaa Mered – Professor of Arctic/Antarctic economics & geopolitics – Free Institute of International Relations Studies (ILERI, Paris)
• Anzelika Krastina – Director International Relations, School of Business and Culture, Lapland UAS and leader of Arctic Young Innovative Entrepreneurs network
• René Söderman, Senior Arctic Official, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
• Anna Reetta Rönkä, Researcher, University of Oulu
• Teppo Säkkinen, a Lapland University student and a former head of Centre party national youth organization
• Eija Lange, Business Developer, Rovaniemi Development Ltd.
• Veikko Kärnä, Head of Masters Degree, Lapland University of Applied Sciences