Nordic Matchmaking Event for International Projects 16 – 17 November – REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Read more here.
Vitality for Lapland by International RDI competence
The development goal of the KATOS project is to increase the competitiveness and vitality of Lapland and its companies and other actors, especially in the areas of growth and structural change. Achieving this goal requires the development and utilization of international research, development and innovation (RDI) expertise in cooperation between universities, research institutes and other actors in the region.
Results of the KATOS project:
- Competence portfolio and description of actors: the competence of organizations, international project activity experience at a general level, areas of competence in international project activities and competence levels.
- A 15-credit unit training package, which will be piloted and will remain a permanent training offer at the Lapland University of Applied Sciences and at the University of Lapland.
- Mentor network for international project activities (participants of pilot training and other specialists in international project activities in the region).
- Municipal and regional workshops and webinars
- Brokerage, matchmaking and information events, as well as study and benchmarking trips.
- Model and practices for international RDI cooperation in the region.
KATOS is a three-year (2020-2022) project implemented by the Lapland University of Applied Sciences and the University of Lapland. The total budget of the project is € 491,350, of which ESF and state funding is € 393,080.
Lapland University of Applied Sciences: Eija Raasakka, Project Manager, eija.raasakka(at)lapinamk.fi, mobile +358 40 709 8160
University of Lapland: Katri Kuusela, Education Manager, katri.kuusela(at)ulapland.fi, mobile +358 40 516 1054