Are you a yoga lover? Are you interested in this kind of exercise? Have you ever had the thought of starting pursuing this miracle practise? If you find yourself in those answers, let’s take a seat, have a sip, and surprise yourself with many interesting facts about yoga.
- Yoga is over 5000 years old and is one of the oldest known physical disciplines in the world.
- A practice of both physical, mental and spiritual nature, there are an estimated 300 million people partaking in Yoga as of today.
- There is research suggesting Yoga, along with meditation, can help delay ageing.
- In Sanskrit, the word ‘Yoga’, means ‘union’ or ‘to unite’.
- Today in the West, Yoga is largely dominated by women. However, up until 1937 it was a male-only practice.
- Plenty of research suggests that practicing yoga on a regular basis increases your immune system.
- There are now over a 100 different styles of Yoga, including goat yoga, nude yoga and ‘broga’ – yoga for bros…
- All postures (asanas) are originally practiced to enable the yogi to sit in a cross-legged position on the floor and meditate for hours without feeling his/her body stiffen or hurt.
- The practice of chanting ‘Om’ at the beginning and end of a session constitutes the sound of the universe, as the syllables A-U-M represents the past, present, and future respectively. It is meant to evoke a connection with the ‘bigger picture’, everything that goes on within and around us.
- The swastika was originally a yoga symbol that came from the word ‘Svastik’, meaning “that which is associated with well-being.”
“Yoga is a mirror to look at ourselves from within”. Let us accompany you on the journey of finding our “self”.